Our vision is that all students will have the knowledge, skills and values to flourish in their life and career beyond Huish Episcopi.
Our mission is to strive every day to deliver the very best learning opportunities.
How will we meet these?
In order to deliver our mission every day and our long term vision we will work to develop and embed the following principles in what we do.
- We will challenge complacency at any level.
- We will constantly strive to do better: “conemur”.
- We will continue to learn.
- We will be solutions focused.
- We will accept that change is necessary and positive.
- We will be diligent in our work and not shy away from the effort required to move forward.
- We will recognise and celebrate success, both personal and collectively.
- We will provide long term stability allowing students to flourish.
- We will be uncompromising in our pursuit of progress for all learners.
- We will deliver a culture of support and effort.
- We will continue to develop our skills to become better at what we do.
- We will focus on personal development and building character.
- We will teach students how to take responsibility.
- We will offer a range of out of lessons experiences.
- We will provide access for all students regardless of background or ability.
- We will treat students as individuals.
- We will treat all members of our community with equality, kindness and respect.
- We will teach our students to understand and value differences.
- We will remove barriers to learning and opportunity.
- We will be fair and consistent with students.
- We will foster an environment of support whenever it is needed.
- We will listen to our student voice, making positive changes when necessary.
- We will create a safe community where trust is implicit.
- We will live and breathe a culture of respect between all members of our community.
- We will be determinedly positive in working with all students.
- We will recognise that we have the power every day to influence well-being and self-esteem.
- We will celebrate achievement and effort.
- We will prepare our students for the challenges of the 21st Century.
- We will scaffold work to allow easy access but high challenge.
- We will support students to take risks.
- We will develop and encourage self-belief.
- We will teach our students to embrace challenge.
- We will allow students to fail and try again.
- We will put the child at the centre of all decisions.
- We will act with professionalism and purpose in everything we do.
- We will develop character so that students will know how to do the right thing.
- We will maintain high standards and expectations.
- We will deliver a quality curriculum that is relevant, up to date and prepares students for the challenges they will face.
- We will share our principles with our community.
- We will be trusted by parents as the school of choice for our community.
- We will instil a sense of pride in our school community.
- We will communicate our vision, mission and strategy with clarity.
- We will work in partnership with external agencies, businesses and other organisations to improve the opportunities for students.
- We will engage fully with parents and carers.